Friday, September 10, 2010

Updated: Goat Cheese and Brown Rice

I can never leave well enough alone. Just ask my husband. Especially when I'm cooking and when cheese is involved. Really, can there be such a thing as too much cheese? Tonight I was in an especially decadent food-mood with not a lot of patience or ingredients. I do make it a point to keep a few key things on hand most of the time (like rice/stock/variety of cheeses) and today I found what might be the most awesome little alteration to this recipe ever discovered in my kitchen.

Serves 4 side portions or 2 meals

1 cup brown rice
2 bouillon cubes
sm pkg goat cheese
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook rice with 2 cups water, drop bouillon cubes in, bring water to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 mins until rice is nearly tender. Stir in goat cheese, butter, and parmesan, warm for another few mins until cheeses and butter are melty and creamy mixed in with the rice.

Voila! This might *dare I say* better than the rice I had on my honeymoon at the swanky restaurant.

Enjoy.

No comments: